Moving to a new city or country is hard I am hoping that this will educate you a little on what Ottawa has to offer and give you the opportunity to try something new.
1) Poutine! – This is a true Canadian meal that you HAVE to have. You can get it in almost any family restaurant in Ottawa but this is our favorite - http://www.smokespoutinerie.com/
2) Beaver Tails – This is a Canadian winter dessert that is best eaten on the world”s longest skate way, the canal! It can be bought in their own special hut in the middle of the byward market or all along the canal in the winter. http://www.beavertailsinc.com/
3) Beer – Molson Canadian, Blue, Budweiser and Creemore Springs are all beers found at your local restaurant, pub or beer store.
4) Smoke meat sandwiches – A Montreal classic!! A huge sandwich, if done right and a must have!!
1) Rideau Center- This mall is located right in the middle of everything. Downtown Ottawa is a busy place with a lot of people and amazing tourist attractions. http://www.rideaucentre.com/en/Pages/default.aspx
3) Bayshore Mall-The biggest mall in Ottawa with three floors of great shopping and deals. Located in Ottawa”s west end. http://www.bayshoreshoppingcentre.com/
1) OC Transpo- This is Ottawa”s main public transportation that covers the whole city and most of the outskirts. You can find information about fairs and bus roots and times as well. http://www.octranspo1.com/splash/
2) Taxis- If you need to get somewhere a little faster and don”t mind spending the extra money, Ottawa has many taxi services to help you get where you have to go.
- Blueline - http://www.bluelinetaxi.com/
- Capital Taxi - http://www.capitaltaxi.com/
1) Science and Technology - http://www.sciencetech.technomuses.ca/
2) Museum of Civilization – http://www.civilization.ca/home
3) National Gallery of Canada - http://www.gallery.ca/en/
4) Canadian Aviation Museum - http://www.aviation.technomuses.ca/
5) Canadian Museum of Nature - http://nature.ca/en/home
1) Winterlude – February 1 to 18, 2013. One of Canada”s best winter festivals. http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/celebrate/winterlude/visitor-information
2) Bluesfest – July 4- 14, 2013 This growing festival seems to get better and better every year with HUGE artists coming to perform. http://ottawabluesfest.ca/