Open Date: Nov 15, 2015
We are currently seeking a motivated and innovative leader to direct our services, dispatch and warehouse operations. This leadership role is a full time permanent position with a competitive salary and benefits.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Dispatches and supervises work crews of 20-50 employees and contractors, schedules jobs and organizes daily crews and equipment assignments to ensure projects are delivered on schedule and on budget.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with clients, agents and supports staff and crews to enhance teamwork, productivity and quality customer service.
- Manages and builds team by interviewing, hiring, and mentoring employees.
- Performs performance reviews, rewards and disciplines employees.
- Upholds and enforces company standards and policies.
Skills and experience:
- Min 3 years leadership experience in team based operations management.
- Industry knowledge in either logistics, warehousing, commercial office, household goods relocations and storage is an asset.
- Must have prior experience with industry business management software applications.
- Licensed operator of material handling equipment (reach truck, forklift, pallet trucks).
- Strong administrative, modern communications, organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of transportation, customs regulations and related documentation.
- Experience with operational P&L responsibility.
- Demonstrated genuine commitment to superior customer service, and proven motivational and effective team building skills.
- Health & Safety credentials for warehouse and operations environment is considered an asset.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Able to push/move heavy objects up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis.
- DZ class license an asset (A class preferred).
- Competent in English (other languages considered an asset)
Please apply by emailing your resume email@example.com – Attention Jason Struss